Market Shoppers' Charter
Thanking you for shopping at our market.
We and the market traders here wish to ensure that you enjoy the experience of market shopping. We hope that you will find the stallholders courteous and helpful and that the wide choice and variety of goods and services on offer, represent excellent value.
It is our intention that you will not have any problems with your purchases, but the law does entitle you to certain protection if you do.
If you are not satisfied with the goods or services you have received from any trader whilst shopping at our market, you should do the following:-
Approach the stallholder concerned, taking with you any receipts and explain the problem, quietly and calmly. In most instances the problem is usually satisfactorily resolved at this stage. If you cannot reach an agreement with the stallholder, please contact a member of staff who will be pleased to help.
You may be entitled to compensation or redress if:-
- The goods were sold as new and are now faulty and/or do not work satisfactorily.
- The goods are not safe and/or not fit for the purpose for which they were purchased.
- The goods are not as described either verbally or on the label or packaging OR otherwise.
- Services are not as described and/or have not been carried out in a proper manner with the provider using reasonable skill and care and carried out within a reasonable time and at a reasonable price.
You are not entitled to compensation or redress if:-
- You have simply changed your mind over the colour, style, size etc of the article, seen a cheaper product elsewhere, or have no further use for the goods.
- The goods contained defects, which were made clear to you at the time of the purchase, or as described by a notice.
- You have mistreated, damaged or used the goods in the wrong way.
Everything that the Traders sell on the Market is guaranteed by Wendy Fair Markets and if you cannot find the Trader please contact a member of staff for help .
If you do not wish to follow this advice, you may seek your own independent professional advice. Free advice on any consumer-related matter is available from the local Council's Trading Standards Office or the Citizens Advice Bureau. If you contact the market manager or our Head Office on the number below they will be pleased to give you the telephone number and address.