Rules March 2012Wendy Fair Market Rules and Regulations 2012
1. The Manager’s decision is final in all matters and they can remove any trader at their discretion.
2. You must comply with our HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY. You must work in a safe way and minimise any significant risks from any hazards.
3. You must comply with our EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES POLICY. You must ensure that none of your staff or customers is disadvantaged because of any physical or mental characteristics they may have. However, the ability to communicate in English is very important.
4. You must comply with our ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY. You must keep your pitch clean and tidy and use the recycling containers provided.
5. You must complete an Application Form with ID and pay the fee two weeks in advance to keep a regular pitch. Advance fees cannot be refunded and must be “worked off”, but not in December.
6. You must have Public Liability Insurance. You must tell us if your personal details change or if you do not want us to tell you about other Markets.
7. A pitch will be available, as far as we are able, so long as the fee is up to date. You cannot sub-let your pitch. We may allow you to sell the goodwill of your pitch provided you have paid the transfer fee.
8. We may let any stall unoccupied after 7.30am on a Market day. Traders’ vehicles must be removed from the public areas of the Market by 8.30am and parked in the designated areas.
9. You must abide by the Market Shoppers Charter on the back of these Rules. If you sell high value goods you will have to pay a Bond. This will be refunded six weeks after you have left the Market.
10. You must only sell goods or services for which you have permission and we advise you to have your purchase invoices with you. We do not allow the sale of weapons, laser pens and fireworks.
11. You must not take more space than you pay for without the Managers express permission.
12. You must pay for any electricity that we supply. Generators can be used with the Managers express permission and fuel must be stored safely.
13. We will prosecute anyone who steals our property. You must not alter, erect, dismantle or abuse our property in any way. We are not responsible for any losses or damage that you incur whatsoever.
14. When you stop trading with us anything you leave at our Markets will be disposed of after seven days.
These rules apply until further notice and can only be altered by the Executive Directors of Wendy Fair Markets